Friday, October 10, 2008

Robs Playwriting.

Hi there, I've created this blog for lots of different reasons, one of which is to chat with others but also to find the answers to questions. Questions like, I just went last week to see a play at our local theatre and well, to put it plainly, it was crap! I'm not talking about the acting or directing which both came across as, shall we say, somewhat acceptable, but more the play and I'm not the only person that thought this, the company I went with also thought it was crap. Now, you might ask why is he griping about a play that he didn't enjoy? Well I'll tell you, it's published!! Yeah, this piece of crap is a published play. So, again I come to the same old question that eats away at me, why are these crap plays published but I can't get anyone to even consider publishing my plays? I'm talking about plays that are being produced not only here in Canada but also in other countries around the world and are LOVED! I've contacted agents but they say they are not looking for any new clients at this time. What is it one has to do to get someone, anyone at a publishers to look at my plays and just consider them? I bet i'm not the only person out here that is going throught this, so if you're in the same boat or just want to chat about playwriting drop me a line.

No comments: